- Content Type
The rise of India as an economic superpower has increased the demand of quality managers who can supervise, manage and increase the growing business of India. Hence, pursuing a MBA degree is a usef...
Pursuing MBA from IIT-Delhi can be an enriching experience. Besides having a great brand value, the Department of Management Studies (DMS), IIT-Delhi, boasts of a great faculty and infrastructure.
The MBA class of 2012 has 98 students and next year, the number of seats will swell to 125. The channel for admission is Joint Management Entrance Exam (JMET) and anyone with a four years' bachelor's degree or a master's degree can apply.
Those who make it to the top 400-500 in the JMET exam can expect to receive a GD/PI (group discussion/ personal interview) call from DMS, IIT-Delhi.
What is DMS, IIT-Delhi famous for-:
1) Infrastructure: DMS has five lecture theatres, an auditorium with a capacity of more than 140 people, syndicate rooms, a library, seminar hall, cafeteria and computer labs. Students have access to Internet facilities and the central library has 21,000 management-related books.
2) Faculty: Top class faculty armed with best degrees in their fields will take pains in solving all your doubts.
3) Extracurricular activities: An industrial interaction committee organises an event called Building India Inc, which is a two-day-long, national-level conference where people from different industries participate. The annual business fest is known as Parivartan. The sports committee organises events from time to time. Besides they can participate in quizzes and debates which are held all over the years.
4) Teaching method: At DMS, the teaching methodology is very interactive. By the end of each semester, students have to submit a term paper in each subject, which is sometimes written individually and on other occasions, done in groups.
5) Placements: Students studying this course find themselves placed with good companies offering attractive remuneration.
Programmes DMS offer
MBA, full-time, with a focus on management systems or telecommunication systems management; MBA (part-time) with a focus on technology management and a short-term skills formation programme for entrepreneurial pursuits
There are a couple of management development programmes (MDPs) apart from online MDPs in three areas, namely supply chain management, finance for non-finance executives, and international finance
Image Credit: ervega
Pursue your educational dream by having the top schools
all around the world come to you.
Fill out your information accurately in this form to learn more about the worldâ€™s best graduate programs